Switch on the Desktop and Printer and install the drivers
• Turn on both the desktop and the HP printer to make it ready for set up and installation of the printer.
• To install the drivers, you click on 123.hp.com/setup, write down your printer model number in the search area and click the search icon.
• There you have to follow the instructions provided on-screen to download the drivers directly from the website. Under the ‘Driver’ you will find the option to ‘Download’. Click on the ‘Download’ tab.
• Once the drivers start downloading, you will get a window pop-up with the device installation setting. This will have two option ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
• You have to click on the radio button before ‘Yes’ and let the drivers download.
How to Remove the previously installed Printer from the computer
• Before setting up a new printer, make sure you remove the previously installed printer from the computer where you wish to install a new printer.
• To remove the old printer and its setting, got to ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Control Panel’.
• In the ‘Control Panel’, you will see find and click on the the ‘Device and Printers’ tab.
• Then you will find a new window having icons of desktops and printers. Out of those, you select the printer which you wish you uninstall. Right-click on the printer and select the option of ‘Remove Printer’ from the drop-down menu.
• Now, close the window of Devices and Printers.
How to Install the HP printer
• Use a USB cable, provided along with the printer to connect the computer with the HP printer.
• Now click on the ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Control Panel’.
• In the ‘Control Panel’, find the ‘Device and Printers’ and click on it.
• You will get a new window with several icons of desktops and printers. There you have to select the printer which you want to install which has the same model number.
• Click on the selected printer. Bring the mouse to the Printer and right-click. Select the option of ‘Add Printer’.
• You may now close the window of Devices and Printers as your printer will be ready to use. Check if the printer is working
After successful installation of drivers and installation of the Printer, check if the Printer is properly working. Place paper in the tray of the Printer.
• Open any document that you wish to print
• Now, on the keyboard of the computer press two keys simultaneously ‘Ctrl’ and ‘P’.
• You will find a new window opening on the screen with the name of the Printer model number.
• On the box next to ‘Pages’, write down the number of page(s) you want to print.
• Then click the ‘OK’ button. Alternatively, you can also press the ‘Enter’ key of the keyboard.
• Immediately, the printer will print the desired page.
If the printer fails to print
If any issues persist and the printer installed by you fails to print, then perform the following steps:-
• Restart the printer and the computer once to check where are problem lies or if the printer is nor properly installed.
• Reconnect all the cables connected with the printer, computer, electricity connections as well as the cable that connect the printer with the computer.
• Sometimes the USB port of the computer is not working properly, so try a different USB port of the computer.
• In case the USB cable connecting computer and printer is not working, use another USB cable.
• If you have any other printer connected with the computer, disconnect the same and connect the one that you wish to use.
If you experience that the problems still persist while installing HP printer for your desktop, for any assistance, issue or help contact the toll-free number at
1-877-364-5922 for any HP Printer related guidance